Proposals For a New Science and Practice
of freedom, justice and peace
A new science and practice of politics, freedom, justice and peace, including a new science military and policing science, one of rightful resistance, revolution, and liberation and of genuine individual rights and liberties and their rightful and effective defense, one of the most extensive tolerance and freedom for all tolerant actions, organizations and experiments, cannot be established overnight and by a few people only.
But it remains a task that must be tackled first.
On the other hand, the practical test whether a new panarchy or polyarchy that is proposed by some is a rightful one is rather simple:
1. Is its membership voluntary?
2. Are its members to remain free to secede from it?
3. Do the members claim a territorial monopoly or only exterritorial autonomy to do their own things for or to themselves?
4. Are they prepared to let outsiders do their own things for and to themselves?
All intended panarchies or polyarchies which do pass this simple examination may be rightfully established, even if they had not been anticipated in present constitutions, laws and jurisdictions or in what currently passes as "political science".
HOW TO GET FROM HERE TO THERE?
How can public opinion become enlightened enough to make the realization of these ideal possible and likely fast?
How might individual and group secessionism and exterritorially autonomous communities of volunteers become effectively promoted?
There are dozens of freedom options to do so that have so far not been fully realized.
E.g. a general ideas archive, a libertarian encyclopedia, a special encyclopedia on panarchism, a slogans for liberty collection on libertarianism, panarchism and related ideas, a freedom bibliography and library on CDs, DVDs and external hard disks, the compilation of an ideal human rights declaration, etc.
Perhaps one should begin with organizing an "Ideas Olympics" - on a website, CD or DVD - for the best peace ideas and steps towards a lasting and just peace in liberty.
Once this is fully developed and institutionalized then it might even lead to sign-up options with the panarchistic or polyarchic utopia, experiment or intentional community of one's own individual choice.
In that kind of "voting" or "election" each party or movement would win undisputed rule over its own followers or autonomy for its libertarian or anarchist system.
Here I can only hint at some of the hundreds, if not thousands of different steps that may have to be taken.
Others might know or think of other and even better ones.
a) Enlightenment options and necessities.
b) Preparations for future liberating and protective actions and institutions.
c) Defence, protection, liberation, self-defence, protective companies, military organization, warfare and police methods, militias for the protection of human rights, right to bear and use rightful weapons.
Enlightenment options and necessities
Ensuring and speeding up the process of enlightenment, by a genuinely cultural revolution.
Among the numerous steps required here are various encyclopedias, other references works and institutions like, e.g.:
· a libertarian encyclopedia, continuously growing, like a libertarian Wikipedia,
· an encyclopedia of the best refutations so far found to common errors, myths and prejudices that are obstacles to progress,
· a panarchist encyclopedia,
· a free banking and monetary freedom encyclopedia,
· an encyclopedia of the all too various definitions of important terms;
· a directory to like-minded and special-interested people in the world,
· an ideas archive and talent centre, operating as a special free market, bringing, world-wide, demand and supply together in this sphere,
· a URL list of all books, especially libertarian and anarchist ones, that are already online somewhere or otherwise available in other electronic forms,
· an archive of all peace plans and peace proposals, with all their pro and con and references
· a comprehensive libertarian bibliography,
· a comprehensive libertarian abstracts compilation,
· a comprehensive libertarian review compilation,
· a comprehensive libertarian alphabetical index to all significant libertarian books, articles, papers, essays, pamphlets,
· an encyclopedia of optimal wordings in response to the usual objections, going from extremely polite and persuasive ones to the severe put-downs that are sometimes advisable,
· meeting calendars for every city, embracing all educational events and sufficiently reporting on them, thus bringing, speakers, listeners, discussion and debating partners together, as far as possible, in personal local meetings,
· continuing special written conferences and seminars online.
· Flow-chart discussions, sign-debates or, using the most recent terms and digital development, "argument mapping", for all involved discussions that have remained unresolved for all too long because the usual oral and written discussions are not good enough for them,
· optimal development and spread of such seemingly primitive communication tools as bulletin boards,
· optimal development and spread of such seemingly unimportant institutions like open air free speech centers, and special coffee shops for intellectuals,
· an encyclopedia of "Slogans for Liberty", continuously attempting to clarify, abbreviate and express them still better than was done so far,
· all efforts to improve and enlarge the general Wikipedia,
· a handbook on libertarian resistance, defence, liberation, peace and revolution proposals, plans and methods,
· an anthology of all classification schemes for ideologies, with all their pro and con,
· an anthology of all private individuals rights drafts, with their pro and con, as a tool to draft an ideal and widely acceptable one,
· an anthology of all proposals of "first principles" and their pro and con,
· an electronic world library, with all titles cheaply and fast downloadable or available in any wanted combination of special libraries, very cheaply provided on CDs, DVDs etc., perhaps also on a single external HD, including e.g. a complete freedom library, a complete peace library and a complete justice library,
· replacement of copyrights and patent-monopolies by more rightful and efficient systems to reward authors, reformers, innovators and inventors,
· replacement of compulsory schooling and other wrongful and harmful governmental influences upon education by full freedom for all educational efforts,
· free universities to replace government controlled and financed ones, starting, perhaps, with electronic ones that are not run and mismanaged as well, all too expensively, by territorial governments,
· comprehensive libertarian and anarchist projects lists, and lists of research in progress, to bring like-minded activists and researchers sufficiently together, world-wide,
· promotion of translations of important writings that have not become known in other languages for all too many years, starting, perhaps, with lists of hobby translators as well as professional ones and of lists of translations that are already available, somewhere in some format or the other and of other works, whose translation is still wanted and should be sponsored or attempted at least as a "hobby" activity, before optimal and professional translations will appear,
· publication and comparisons of all alternatives to the employer-employee relationship that have so far been proposed and experimented with, as a precondition for "industrial peace" and freedom from wars for ideological motives,
· improvement of the efficiencies of meetings and conferences, beginning with such simple steps as e.g. round table conferences for diplomats or sit-down circles of participants in free discussions and sufficient use of efficient and tested systems like those described by Michael Doyle & David Straus: "How to Make Meetings Work, The New Interaction Method",
· full development of the theory & practice of tolerance for tolerant actions and free experimentation of volunteers, at their own risk and expense, as preparation for the free and full development of panarchism or polyarchy or minority autonomy,
· a full discussion of laissez faire ideas, opinions, experiences and proposals, with all their pro and con, and of how laissez faire could be introduced by and for voluntary communities as well, and spread from them, even if these volunteers would not favor laissez faire economics for themselves,
· a full publication of all free trade ideas, opinions, experiences and proposals, with all the pro and con in confrontation with the various protectionist and anti-globalism arguments, and advancing free trade via free trade communities of volunteers only, in free competition with protectionist communities formed by volunteers,
· a full discussion of all the pro and con arguments on free migration, together with exterritorially autonomous communities of volunteers, who would act as sponsors and guarantors for their kinds immigrants, depriving others of what they consider to be the burdens for them, created by new immigrants,
· a full explanation and discussion of all monetary and financial freedom options, by which all involuntary mass unemployment could be very rapidly ended and prevented for the future, likewise all inflations.
I have myself started on several of these projects or at least collected materials for them for decades - but they are all jobs that can be made sufficiently attractive and finally complete only by prolonged teamwork under division of labor, for which not even a common project lists is offered online so far.
My PEACE PLANS series also contains a number of texts on some of these projects and constitutes one of these projects itself.
Preparations for future liberating and protective actions and institutions
An enlightenment campaign for voluntary State and society memberships instead of continuing compulsory territorial national membership or subordination.
At least some time, somewhere, it must become successful and lead to the establishment of the first panarchy or polyarchy, even if only small, und also undisturbed - for long enough to become known, world-wide, as a success.
This would finally lead, somewhere, some time, to the introduction of panarchism or polyarchism (exterritorial autonomy on a voluntary basis), and, later, not very long afterwards, quite generally, for all kinds of communities and societies, also for "competing governments" with the result of making nuclear war preparations very unpopular, impracticable and close to impossible, e.g. by dissolving targets and motives and stopping compulsory taxes for its preparation. A competing government or voluntary community can no longer conscript or tax those, who have rightfully opted out from it.
One of the first steps is the sufficient publication of the historical experience with panarchism and why it has not yet "conquered" the world and replaced all territorialist power institutions, by its peaceful because non-coercive, voluntary and competitive alternatives to conventional States.
Conventional territorial States are largely warfare and domination institutions, even in some of their best forms, with very few exceptions, like e.g. mini-States and Switzerland, Sweden, etc., at least in modern times, after their long history of warfare.
Another important step towards sufficient enlightenment on this subject is the publication of an encyclopedia on panarchism, that has already been started, in microfiche form, with its first 24 volumes "On Panarchy" being out, so far only partly digitized. A digitized Pan A Z has also been begun. See also and especially
- Individual and group secessionism, advocacy, publication and alternative institution practices.
E.g.: Disassociate yourself as far as you can in your thinking and public utterances from all territorial governments that are themselves "armed" with anti-people mass murder devices or allied with such governments.
After all, your own survival is at stake and that of all your children and grandchildren.
Conceive and practice, as far as possible, alternative institutions in every sphere.
- Competing governments in exile, all only aiming at exterritorial autonomy for their volunteers, in presently dictatorially ruled countries and, already now in their present homelands.
Such institutions are still to be generally seen, established and recognized as our best allies against foreign dictatorships. Also as our best allies against our own dictators or authoritarians.
- Development and publication of declarations of quite rightful war and peace aims, far in advance of any military clashes, largely to prevent military clashes.
- International treaties concluded between the victims of governments, over the heads of their governments.
- Unilateral peace declarations, embodying quite rightful peace aims, e.g. full minority and majority autonomy for all - but only on an exterritorial and voluntary basis.
- An international federation of all minority and majority groups favoring exterritorial autonomy for their voluntary communities.
- Panarchism and "Peace on Earth & Good Will towards all Human Beings"
Even tolerance, peace and good will towards all peacefully competing governments, not only towards parents, children, brothers, sisters, towards all children - even towards your personal or "foreign" "enemies", to the extent of letting them do their own things for and to themselves, without any interference by us, just claiming the same right and liberty for ourselves and those who think like us.
Why has that simple principle and advice not been sufficiently expanded and applied over 2000 years but, rather, and more or less mindlessly and endlessly repeated in "Christian" communities?
You do not have to love your enemies but you owe them justice in the form of exterritorial autonomy and they owe it to you.
- Intolerance only towards the intolerant!
Peace, freedom, justice, tolerance, enlightenment, any ideology and experiment, as much as individuals want for themselves and can stand and are willing to pay for.
However, without e.g. an ideal individual rights declaration, as complete as can be achieved at present, and a universal law based upon these rights and an ideal militia for their protection - such a condition can neither be achieved nor maintained for long.
How far is tolerance for tolerant actions practised already now? Just one example: We all use the same roads, in our own or hired vehicles, regardless of our purposes, starting points and destinations, avoiding head-on clashes, as a rule and all too dangerous driving. To act only exterritorially autonomous and voluntarily, among like-minded people, is the same kind of practicable advice. It can be achieved for diverse communities in the same country or even those spread world-wide, all without any territorial monopoly, apart from the private or cooperatively owned real estate of their own members. There have been many historical precedents for personal law communities and some remnants of personal law, mainly in the sphere or private law, exist even today and are documented in thick volumes of legal text books.
Between such organizations and communities a peaceful coexistence is rightful, rational and possible, in spite of their differences, even a free trade or free trade in goods, services, currencies, capital and labor, to the extent that it is desired by them.
Also a voluntary and quite a peaceful change of individual memberships, via individual and group secessions that amount for the secessionists, to peaceful one man to minority group revolutions, rightfully undertaken and with quite rightful aims, not threatening any established and genuine rights and liberties of others.
Defence, protection, liberation, self-defence, protective companies, military organization, warfare and police methods, militias for the protection of human rights, right to bear and use rightful weapons
Not the governments should have organized, uniformed, armed and trained military forces, which they can then abuse against the own and other peoples, but the people, as individuals, not peoples as collectives, should themselves be organized, suitably armed and trained against all governments and movements that restrict or suppress their rights and liberties, especially against all power-addicted and power-mad rulers.
The old idea of a people in arms (rightful, i.e. sufficiently discriminating ones), in voluntary militias for the protection of their rights and liberties, was a good one and ought to be developed further and then practised.
Then the people would no longer have to be afraid of any governments.
Instead, their former rulers would be powerless and afraid of them or simply would have to respect their individual rights and liberties.
I described the idea of a rightful militia for the realization and protection of individual human rights as far as I could in my first peace book: Any improvement suggestions for that program are welcomed.